Saturday, September 12, 2009

With A Little Help From My Friends


Well, here they are - ten author copies of my book. I picked them up from the lovely people at Scribe yesterday. I was so excited I couldn't stop babbling, but I guess they must be used to that behaviour and they all acted as though I was perfectly normal.

Apparently it will take from now until late October for the distributor to get the books out to all the shops so the rest of you will have to wait for your copies. The launch is November 12th, but I think the book will be for sale from October 26th.

It looks beautiful. I love the cover - so moody and evocative - and I think the designer has done a wonderful job with the inside of the book too. Not to mention Nicola, my painstaking editor, who, despite her gentle manner, insisted on polishing my prose until now it fairly shines on the page.

What an amazing experience this has been. I delivered the manuscript at the end of April and since then it's undergone meticulous editing and fine tuning to make sure it's the best version it can possibly be. And now here it is. I feel quite humble: I'm going to take all the credit, but I didn't do it alone.

2 comments:

  1. Another milestone on a wondrous journey - that you fully deserve, my dearest sweetheart. I can hardly wait to see what happens next. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete